The Benefits of Adding Fruit to Water
Water is an essential part of our lives. We need to consume water to flush our bodies of toxins, to survive, and to increase overall organ function. But, let’s face it, water doesn’t always quench our need for consuming something with flavor. With its odorless taste, many of you are more likely to grab a fruity beverage high in sugar which is detrimental to your body.
Today, we have a great alternative to sugary drinks.
If you haven’t already acted and tried adding fruit to your water, you should. Not only does this increase your chances of staying away from sugary drinks but it helps to ensure your body gets it’s 64 recommended ounces of water per day.
Is there a special way to add fruit to your water?
There isn’t really a special way to add the fruit to your water, but we do have some tips to make the experience a bit better for you.
- Thoroughly wash all fruit before adding it to your water. You don’t want to add dirty fruit to your water as you’re likely to catch a bug or virus and that’s never fun!
- Cut your fruit into small bite size pieces or if it’s a lemon you can slice the fruit into stripes.
- Put your fruit in your water 30 minutes to 1 hour before consumption. This allows the water to soak into your fruit and deplete the nutrients, antioxidants, and natural juice so your water has bold flavor by the time you consume it.
- There isn’t any evidence currently that claims the depletion process works faster or slower in water or fridge temperatures, so you can do either. We recommend placing your water with the fruit into the fridge, so the fruit does not spoil as fast.
- You can also mix different fruits together to get different flavors and add a few herbs and some spinach into your mixes as well.
Are there benefits to adding fruit to water?
There are! Adding fruit to water and mixing in other herbs gives your body an extra dose of vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. Your body needs these three things + water to ensure your organs function correctly and flush away impurities.
Are there any fruit water recipes you recommend?
There are a ton of different concoctions on the internet from all over the world. From single ingredients to mixtures upwards of 5 ingredients. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Adding single fruit: Watermelon, kiwis, strawberries, apples, blueberries
- Adding double fruit combinations: lemon + mint, lemon + strawberry, lemons + limes, lime + blueberry, raspberry + orange, cucumber + mint
- Adding triple ingredient combinations: lemon + raspberry + mint, watermelon + strawberry + kiwi
For those of you who are ready to try flavorful water, don’t forget to grab your FRIDGEFRESH unit today. FRIDGEFRESH is a small devise you add to the top shelf on your fridge which soaks up any pollutants and microbes that cause fresh produce to rot at a faster than normal rate. This prolongs your chances of cooking with fresh produce and keeps money in your pocket each time you visit the grocery store.